- There are no longer any recurrent costs (e.g. film, developing chemicals). The initial investment is recouped within 1 year.
- It saves time, as there is no need for you and your patient to wait for the film to be processed, the image is immediately available to view.
Improved storage and access to images
- Filing, organising and storing film can take up time and be space consuming. With digital X-ray equipment, you can eliminate the need to file and store hard-copy radiographic images.
- Access digital images stored in a database from any networked computer, directly from the software you use to view the images.
No chemical developers
- No need to deal with harmful developing chemicals and fixing solutions. Digital radiography eliminates the need for processing films.
- Eliminate the burden of having to recycle hazardous chemicals.
- Digital radiography gives you the ability to quickly and easily share images with other practitioners. The result is better, faster collaboration between you and other dental professionals.
No more lost images
- Eliminate the risk of losing important radiographs. Digital radiography safely stores your X-rays, so you won’t have to worry about losing films or them becoming separated from their files. Additionally, when used with a redundant backup system, your images are safe even if the drive is stolen or lost in a fire, flood or other disaster.
Superior image quality
- Digital X-ray systems let you control the exposure of each image in real time, so you can make images darker or lighter on demand. You can also enlarge images, make enhancements to colour and superimpose textures.
- The image quality surpasses traditional film, revealing tiny fractures and decays that might have been missed on film.
- These features improve your ability to detect disease and its current state. They also provide immediate visuals for compelling patient education. All this adds up to faster diagnosis and greater acceptance of the treatment plan.
- Digital radiography typically reduces radiation exposure by 75% or more.